Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Hello

I wanted to thank you for allowing me to join your knit along. The Scarf Style book was the first book I purchased for a scarf pattern. Like most knitters I had made my share of scarves. Unlike most I did this in the Circus where I learned to knit. Knitting in the Circus is a bit different. My first scarf was thirty feet long. Most of my scarves have ranged from twenty to one hundred and fourty feet long to be used as circus props.

Well as the winter approaches I have reason to turn out a few more normal sized scarves. By the way to the left is what a ninty foot scarf looks like when it is rolled up. I think I have knit six or seven scarves from the book. They were all presents and I did not think to take pictures of them. Well I am sure I will crank out a few more. Which is one of the nice things about the scarf style book, they are not the trendy sort of things you see from time to time in Vogue knitting. Style of the moment is nice for moment. Something that will be in style for a long time is even better.

Thank you for letting me ramble on. Be safe out there and keep your stick on the ice.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger Punkin said…

    Wow, Zeeppo, it is hard to imagine a scarf that long. You must be a very fast knitter. I agree with you regarding trendy versus style. I hope you get to enjoy some personal knitting.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger JANNIKINZ said…

    Amazing to be able to knit such long scarves. Well done. Twelve feet is the longest I have ever done (football scarf). Happy knitting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home