Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, August 14, 2006

Lady Eleanor Inspiration


I love both of these books. I turn every page and want to knit each one. I finally settled on starting with a scaled-down version of lady eleanor. I wanted to learn the technique before launching on such a large project, so I used yarn from my stash - Noro Silk Garden color 87. I used three skeins. I like most of the colors but am not too crazy about the one square of yellow. How does that happen when they are all the same color and lot number? Oh, well. It has personality.

For my next knit, I am thinking of trying to do something with lace and am eyeing two patterns, one from each of the books. I have never knit a "real" lace pattern before, so hopefully I won't be in too far over my head. Wish me luck, and I'll keep you all posted!

8 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What a great idea! I love your LE scarf.

     
  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I love your mini Lady Eleanor and I don't mind the yellow spot at all! I want to try this too.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Megann said…

    That looks beautiful, and what a great way to test out the pattern. I think I'm right behind you on that one - I don't have the motivation to make a whole Lady Eleanor, but a scarf is perfect!

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Your Lady E is gorgeous. I even like the yellow spot! Great job!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I like the scaled down Lady Eleanor, and I think the yellow square adds a certain zing. Could be a great idea of the idea of doing the whole stole seems unweildy.
    You said you had both books -maybe you could consider Shetland Triangle from the Wraps one as your lace project. It is not difficult and the results are great. I love mine anyway!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Carol said…

    What a fun scarf! A bit of brightness on a cold day.

     
  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger miss ewe said…

    Beautiful, and a great idea. I kind of like it, but if you're really hating the yellow you could spot dye it with some strong tea to tone it down a bit. I am inspired to do one of these this winter!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That looks great!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home