Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Yarn Question for the Ene Shawl

I know, boring entry with no pictures, but I'm having problems picking a yarn for the Ene shawl. I have some of Knitpicks shimmer, and I also have enough Misti Alpaca Lace weight to make it. I am a pretty loose knitter, so I always have to go down one size or two.Started the swatch in sz4 needles with the Misti Alpaca, but I'm not liking how "loopy" it is (yeah, I know it's lace, but stockinette should still be pretty tight to me:)) Does anybody have any suggestions, or experience in knitting this with either one of those yarns? Should I just double strand it and use sz 6 needles or..? Any help and or suggestions would be appriciated..

All the projects I've seen so far are LOVELY! The ENE shawl is so daunting, but so many of you have made it, so it must be doable!!

//Linda

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    I used the Misti Alpaca on 4's, and it looks beautiful, however, it's very small - very scarflike, not shawl size at all. If you go to my blog, and hit my flickr button, there's a pic. There's also a pic in this blog's archives.

    Two members of Team College Hill from the Knitting Olympics did there's in Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock, and I admired them so much, that I've put it back on my list of things to do - again - someday.

    Good luck!

    Wendy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home