Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, July 31, 2006

Here and There braid question

Dear all,

Thanks for a wonderful blog. I received the book as a gift at Christmas and have had great fun with it. I've enjoyed reading all the comments and seeing everyone's work here, too.

Here's my question: I plan on making the here and there braid scarf with some hand-dyed alpaca. It is a multicolored yarn. The yarn instructions suggest to alternate skeins every 2 to 4 rows to prevent color pooling (did I use that term correctly?).

I really don't want to do that because then I would be faced with all those loose ends but wonder how it will turn out. Any thoughts? suggestions? experiences?

Thanks much!

Susan H.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger ladyfunk25 said…

    If you alternate every 2-4 rows, you could probably just carry the yarn up the sides.

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Helen said…

    I wouldn't worry about it on a scarf, unless you can actually see a vast difference between the skeins, and even then, would it matter? On a sweater you want to have an even effect so that they eye isn't drawn to the changes, but you wear a scarf folded and wrapped around itself so that can't happen. I think the effect of slightly different shades would be less of a problem than possible bumps up the side. Good luck :)

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Thanks all. It's decided---I'm just gonna knit it and see what happens. I'll post a photo when I'm done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home