Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Greetings - Backyard Leaves and More!

Hello! I'm a new member of this knitalong, although I've had the book Scarf Style for a while and have knit one scarf already. I made the Backyard Leaves Scarf at the beginning of the year, but have yet to block it (I live in Texas, so I don't really urgently need a wool scarf to wear). I did it in Karabella Aurora 8 but used a darker green. Here is how it looks now:

I really like it, but I found like many others did that it needs to be blocked to flatten it a bit and show the pattern. I've been lazy about getting it done, but plan to try and steam block it in the near future.

The next project I'm going to do is Midwest Moonlight, in Debbie Bliss Cathay - I really like the blend of cotton and silk. It has a nice sheen, and I think it would make a nice, cool scarf to wear in Texas. It is going to be a X-mas gift for my (future) Sis-in-law. I can't wait to start!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:09 AM, Blogger annarella said…

    You Backyard Leaves has come out so pretty, I like the deep rich colour you've used too :)

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Bobo said…

    Beautiful scarf! That one's going on my list too. You'll love Midwest Moonlight and your yarn will be perfect.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    I'm supposed to block a scarf? Oops!!!!!!!!

    I haven't so far, but maybe it would help show the pattern.

    Good luck

     

Post a Comment

<< Home