Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Announcing ...... Lady Eleanor

Lady Eleanor has been OTN it seems forever but has finally been cast off, washed & blocked.

Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole
DD modelling Lady Eleanor


DD enjoyed her photoshoot & had fun swirling around as DH clicked away.

Yarn used: Noro Silk Garden shade 232
Amount of yarn used: 6 1/2 50g balls without a fringe.
Needle size: 5mm
Pattern from Scarf Style edited by Pam Allen
Dimensions pre blocking: 37cm x 107cm
Dimensions post blocking: 43cm x 139cm.
Started: 10th May 2006
Finished: 8th August 2006

I enjoyed the pattern but my disaster with the yarn early on in the project tainted it for me. I haven't added a fringe yet as I'm not sure which type I want if any. I know that I don't want standard tassels like a scarf & am not sure regarding a knotted fringe or a beaded knotted fringe so for now it's staying as it is.

More pictures can be seen on my blog

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    It's very beautiful! I'm glad you didn't let the yarn tragedy spoil this project.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home