Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Petals Collection Knitalong

The Petals Collection Knitalong
I, too, looked for a KAL as soon as I got my yarn last week. I'm so glad one was established.
As I was winding this yarn I was thinking how much the colors reminded me of my 14-year old daughter - so it was decided she will be the receipent of the Calla Lily socks. Unfortunately she dislikes grafted toes so I will be making toe-up ankle socks for her with this yarn. I would like to try Sundara's pattern but I want to make socks my daughter will actually wear (14-year olds are picky) so plain ankle socls it will be.
I'll be using Wendy's toe-upsock pattern but a few rounds after the heel is turned I'll do about an inch of ribbing and then bind-off. Maybe I'll have enough yarn left over for some small baby booties.
On a different subject: could someone e-mail me how to post a photo to this KAL with Blogger? I don't see any instructions on how to do that.
Thanks, Sue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home