Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Chevron Scarf Problem !!!

I made two of these scarves last winter ... But now a knitting friend has emailed me about a problem she is having.. I remember having the same problem when I was doing it.. But I forget How it was solved..
here we go again!!!
If you cast on 39 stitches..
Knit 1 Row...
ROW 1- knit1,slip,slip,knit*knit 9, slip 2 sts individually purlwise, knit1, purl 2 sts and pass slipped st over; repeat from * to last 12 sts, knit 9, knit2 together, knit 1

Problem begins... That already has more than 39 stitches in the directions.... ( count them )...... AND.. where it tells you to "pass slipped" stitch over ???
( Pass WHAT stitch over????)
Whats wrong here????? Help....

2 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said…

    THANK YOU soooooooooooo much Lori...
    I knew that on line pattern was wrong...
    I don't have My Book here so I could not check
    ...http://www.teenmag.com/seen/articles/0,,639388_654891,00.html
    This is the on line (wrong) pattern :)
    Problem Solved again!!! Hooray!!!

    penny
    http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Blogger Knitcrazy said…

    Thanks Lori..
    Once again You have saved me :)

    Its hard enough for knitters to do a new pattern but then when there are erors.. It sure makes it a Challenge !!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home