Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Now I get it. . .


It only took me three or four times of casting on the 375 stitches, re-knitting the first three to five rows, and one MAGNET BOARD. And now I finally got it. I'm telling you Ene's Scarf almost kicked me down. But there's something about being able to read the pattern upright and having the other rows blocked off that makes knitting this lace so much easier. I'm only on row 12 but it's working and going much faster. I also learned how to fix mistakes without having to rip back rows. Now I think I can call myself a lace knitter!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    4 cast ons here. And a couple of rips back to lifelines. I'm FINALLY past the first chart. I definitely share your pain.

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Knithole: a blog about my knitting said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Knithole: a blog about my knitting said…

    I'm glad I'm not alone. Well I guess that's not a good thing to be glad about. But it's nice knowing that I'm not the only one who couldn't get through this on the first go. I'm using Blackberry Ridge 100% wool. I didn't like the colors my LYS had in the silk/wool blend so I went with this. Same guage. And it's nice to work with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home