Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Lady Eleanor is 100% complete!

I have finally finished Lady Eleanor. Here is a pic of the whole thing and a close up of the fringe. Yarn used was 11 skeins of Noro Kureyon in colorway #92. I started around September 9th and finished last night so it took a little less than a month to complete.
Kim

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Steph said…

    gorgeous! I'm thinking of adding Lady Eleanor to my WIPs, work like yours solidifies those impulses!

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Beautiful work! Did you run into any issues getting the squares to line up neatly without any holes? I always seem to get holes when I am doing entralac (not that I've done a ton of it). Do you have any suggestions or tips?

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    Oooh, looks nice! This Knit-Along is so bad--I keep having to add new things to my to-knit list that I wasn't planning on before!

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger tocspaw said…

    Your work has inspired me to try this pattern! It's beautiful!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Thanks guys!
    I didn't run into a problem with holes. I wonder if it is your SSK? I ended up doing slip as if to knit, slip as if to purl . That seemed to lay neater.

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger kpg said…

    Hi. Your Eleanor is beautiful. I just bought some Silk Garden to make one. It looks from your pictures as if you used the same number of stitches as the pattern called for. What size needle did you use?

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Chicago Jen said…

    Wow is that pretty!! You should be very proud! I have so many planned projects but this one keeps rising to the top and your Lady just pushed it up again.

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    KPG...
    I am a tight knitter. I did follow the pattern as written but went up to a size 11 needle. Even with that my squares are slightly smaller than what the pattern said they should be.
    I think the pattern called for a size 10 needle.
    Kim

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger hollyboc said…

    fabulously beautiful!!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Ina said…

    Completely covetable!i

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger whatever said…

    simply stunning, DH!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Dorrie said…

    Hi Kim! I just LOVE your Lady Eleanor!

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger luvs2knit said…

    Wow. That's beautiful. Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home