Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Blocking Backyard Leaves

I finished knitting the two halves of Backyard Leaves this morning - now they're blocking, and looking so pretty! Here's a closeup of the two end pieces:



I'm sure someone else has observed this at some point on this blog - but blocking is really important for this scarf. The finished pieces look kind of cool, but the definition and detail really pops out when the pieces are blocked. Here's a comparison shot for you - blocked piece next to unblocked piece:



I love this project... I can't believe it took me so long to knit it. It's going to be a Christmas gift for a friend... but I think I'm going to have to knit one for myself at some point. I highly recommend the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for this scarf - beautifully soft to work with and to wear - and it takes four balls.

Cheers,
Elizabeth
A Mingled Yarn

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 11:25 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    You know, I was really intimidated by the chart before starting this pattern - but it's not that hard at all. I'd say go for it. Eventually you memorize what all the little symbols mean and it goes faster the more repeats you do. Have fun!

     
  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    This is just beautiful! I cast on for this once, but didn't like the yarn I was using, so I quit. But now I'm wondering if it would have looked different after I blocked it! Thanks for posting this, anyway, it is just lovely!

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This really is the prettiest I have seen. And the blocking makes such a big difference! I got discouraged by this pattern also, but I need to try it again.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Reese said…

    wow, that looks amazing! it makes me want to pick this pattern up and try again.

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    That is so pretty! I've been wondering what that scarf looks like -- the pictures in the book don't do it justice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home