Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Lady Eleanor

Hello everyone! I am new to this knit-along blog, but I have finished the Lady Eleanor, and wanted to share some pictures as well as the edging I went with for finishing.

First of all, here's Lady E in all her splendor:
Lady Eleanor, Completed!

Knit with Noro Kureyon, 13 skeins (I wanted it longer), in color #138. The colors are a bit more muted in real-life. I also wanted a unique fringe of some sort, and I didn't want tassels or pompoms or anything "loose". In looking at the entrelac, and how it seems to weave under & over, I thought: "I-cord!" and proceeded to make 28 little strands of i-cord, tacking them at the points, overlapping them & tacking at the overlap & weaving in a bunch of ends. It's not exceptionally precise, or blocked even, but I like how it looked. There are a couple more pictures over on my Flickr account, you can click through to that via the photos.

Close-up of the i-cord:
Lady E's Fringe

My next project from the book is Vintage Velvet - I started it last Monday, and basically couldn't put the scarf down - so now, the knitting's done! I need to felt it and it will be finished. I used 6 skeins of Touch Me in yummy purple.

Sorry for the long post, but it's nice to be here & I look forward to seeing & making more from this book!

Jennifer in Kansas City (PlazaJen)

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Wow, that looks amazing!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Jenifer said…

    Beautiful job! I love the cheery bright colors of that colorway.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger verlit said…

    Great idea with I-cord, I love it!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger whatever said…

    Love it!! I can hardly wait to begin my Eleanor...many projects to do 1st, tho! I LOVE the icord fringe, I use it with many scarves, as well...it's just a great detail :-)

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Stuntmother said…

    That is a truly beautiful piece of work. All hail the Lady Eleanor. Well done. I'm inspired.

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger saleknitter said…

    Beautiful...what size needles did you use?

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Nicky said…

    It looks beautiful. I live right off of the plaza--you should wear it shopping. I'd love to see it in person, and it would definitely turn heads.

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Dorrie said…

    Hi Jennifer!
    I love the I-cord fringe! The color of the Noro you chose is beautiful! What size needle did you use?

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger PlazaJen said…

    I used 8's instead of the 10's or 10.5's. I wanted a denser fabric, and I liked the gauge (I'm a loose knitter!)
    And knitting this wrap gave me the idea to go up in needle size, knit entrelac squares out of Noro, barely felt them & have some gorgeous pillows! I got some green-based Noro for that.... sigh. So many projects! This work thing really, really gets in the way.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Dorrie said…

    Hi Jen! D again. I have some Noro silk garden I want to make my Lady E in and was concerned about the size needle I should use to start the project. I know the silk garden states to use 7's or 8's. I would like to get a denser fabric like you. I knit usually right on the money (what the gauge states on ball band & needle size). Would you have any suggestions? What did your dimensions did yours end up to be? How many balls of Noro did you use? (I have 14 set aside for the project)
    Thank you for you help! :)
    D

     
  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Dorrie said…

    DUH!! Let me re-read your first post with pics! you used 13 balls!

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger TllGurl said…

    Oh...my...
    That's wonderful!
    Congratulations on an amazing piece.
    : )

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    The colors are amazing! Bravo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home