Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Lady Eleanor

Hello everyone! I am new to this knit-along blog, but I have finished the Lady Eleanor, and wanted to share some pictures as well as the edging I went with for finishing.

First of all, here's Lady E in all her splendor:
Lady Eleanor, Completed!

Knit with Noro Kureyon, 13 skeins (I wanted it longer), in color #138. The colors are a bit more muted in real-life. I also wanted a unique fringe of some sort, and I didn't want tassels or pompoms or anything "loose". In looking at the entrelac, and how it seems to weave under & over, I thought: "I-cord!" and proceeded to make 28 little strands of i-cord, tacking them at the points, overlapping them & tacking at the overlap & weaving in a bunch of ends. It's not exceptionally precise, or blocked even, but I like how it looked. There are a couple more pictures over on my Flickr account, you can click through to that via the photos.

Close-up of the i-cord:
Lady E's Fringe

My next project from the book is Vintage Velvet - I started it last Monday, and basically couldn't put the scarf down - so now, the knitting's done! I need to felt it and it will be finished. I used 6 skeins of Touch Me in yummy purple.

Sorry for the long post, but it's nice to be here & I look forward to seeing & making more from this book!

Jennifer in Kansas City (PlazaJen)

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 4:19 AM, Blogger Daisy said…

    Wow, that looks amazing!

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger jen said…

    Beautiful job! I love the cheery bright colors of that colorway.

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger verlit said…

    Great idea with I-cord, I love it!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger Francesca said…

    That is a truly beautiful piece of work. All hail the Lady Eleanor. Well done. I'm inspired.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger PlazaJen said…

    I used 8's instead of the 10's or 10.5's. I wanted a denser fabric, and I liked the gauge (I'm a loose knitter!)
    And knitting this wrap gave me the idea to go up in needle size, knit entrelac squares out of Noro, barely felt them & have some gorgeous pillows! I got some green-based Noro for that.... sigh. So many projects! This work thing really, really gets in the way.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    The colors are amazing! Bravo!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home