Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Another Ruffles Scarf



I saw this being knit at the very first knitting group I ever went to and thought it was cool, but didn't plan on knitting it. But months later, it still had me intrigued, so I decided to try it out. Lots of people commented the day I wore it out for the first time, and they all seem equally fascinated: "You MADE that?"

This was a fun little project! It took me just about 2 weeks to finish and was great "football knitting." I used Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Candy Apple Red (about a skein and a half). Size 6 needles made my scarf a little floppier than I wanted it, so I actually switched down to Size 5.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Great job! I want one!!

    And since I have 2 skeins of Candy Apple Cotton Fleece in the stash, I may have one at some point! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home