Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Cute Capelet

All done…yeah! I like how it turned out more than I thought I would with this variegated color. I used a ribbon (almost like a shoestring feel) yarn called South West Trading Company: Phoenix 100% Soy Silk. I got it on sale at my local yarn store so it cost me $14 plus time. I’m going to make a black one next for evening wear. Love it!

9 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Knitterista said…

    Hopefully you can all see the image now...let me know otherwise.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    I really like it! Very cute, I hope you enjoy wearing it.

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    The varigation is very cool. I've never seen waves happen before!

     
  • At 8:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Really lovely colors! I have some of the soy silk phoenix, and I was thinking of how I could use it. How many skeins did you use?

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Heide said…

    Hey, now I can see it -- lovely!

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Knitterista said…

    I didn't even use 2 skeins of the Phoenix Soy Silk...maybe 1 and a half...tons left over.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    great -- I have 2 skeins! oh, one last question -- what size needles did you use? (I don't have the book nearby so I'm wondering if you diverged from it in any way) thanks.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Knitterista said…

    I don't recall what the needle sizes were...but I used exactly what the book said to use - didn't change anything about the pattern and didn't do a swatch...you switch out two sizes throughout to do the short rows and regular rows.

    My LYS said the Phoenix would work in place of the suggested yarn and the Phoenix had like double the yardage per skein than a regular skein. That's why it went so far.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Noey D. said…

    So cute! Love the colors too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home