Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Here and There Cable Scarf

I've finally finished this scarf. It was a really fun knit I just kept getting distracted. I used handpaintedyarn.com merino in "little lovely" pinks. It's super cozy... I'll just have to wait for the weather to dip below 70 to wear it :-) And I made mine more narrow that the pattern says to. So I started with 56 stitches.

Here it is (blocked slightly):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've already made a couple ruffles now I just want to make these:
Vintage Velvet
Backyard Leaves
Misty Garden
Interlocking Balloons
Zigzag Stripes
Turtleneck Shrug
Midwest Moonlight

And probably Bright Stripes, Beads of Earth, and Blue Collar too :) So I hope this Knit Along keeps going for another 5 years or so :)

-Amber

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    Ooo, I love the color! Came out very nice :).

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Noey D. said…

    Very pretty! Love the color too!

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger amber said…

    yep it's the worsted merino... got it before it went out of stock several moths ago. I can tell it'll pill some but it's just soooo soft :-)

    -Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home