Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Unexpected Ikat!

I have been ignoring my Scarf Style projects - (hanging head in shame).

I have been obsessed first by the Wool Peddler's Shawl, then by the twin demons of the Fir Cone Square and the Iditarod.

But now that they are all complete, I'm back on track and I got back to knitting Misty Garden. Can you tell where I changed skeins?


Isn't that interesting how the green stripe is lining up almost perfectly along the center of the scarf? And the edges are coming out almost perfectly even in the darker rose color? I could not have done this so well if I had tried.

Since it is the middle of three skeins to be used, and I'm assuming the third skein will go back to the same randomness the first had so I will have some symmetry (not that symmetry is always important...) I'm going to leave it as is.

Anne on the high plains of Colorado
http://whitestarsams.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger LisaB said…

    Your shawls are beautiful! I have been considering buying that book.

    I like the way the color is laying out on your scarf!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home