Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Ruffled capelet without sleeves

I've started and done the body of the capelet and have the ruffles left to do.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm using Bouton d'or Dandy whose tension is slightly tighter than the recommended one, 15/21 instead of 14/23, and consequently had to make a few changes to the pattern:

-I've decreased one sticth less for each group of BO stitches for the shoulders
-I've done 8cm instead of the recommended 14 for the collar as I thought 14cm was way too long and made me feel like I had a little sausage round my neck
-I've seamed the shoulders using matress stitch for a neat finish

Although my capelet is tighter because of the yarn I've used, I wonder how big the original model is and how many people it fits, as mine fits me perfectly and I usually wear XS tops.

I've bought 6 balls of Dandy, whose yardage is very close to the recommended yarn, and have 3 left before starting the ruflles. I wonder if I'll use it up but my guess is that I will have some left.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home