Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, March 11, 2005

Ene's Scarf - revisited

This message is calling out to the Fearless Knitter and anybody else that may be working on this pattern. I purchased the KnitPicks Alpaca Cloud for this project. The pattern calls for a size 6 needle and the yarn has no stated gauge on it. I tried a swatch on the 6's and it was very lacy, as in, lots of holes. I could go down in needle size and I could also use two strands of yarn. I have never used lace weight yarn before and I am trying to see what other people are doing with this. Help!! - Lisa

3 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    you know what would look totally cool....maybe if you combined the knitpicks yarn that you have with some lightweight whimsical yarn thats kind of fluffy...i think it would give it a halo look.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger LisaB said…

    Thanks for the comments/suggestions everybody! Since I have so many other projects...this may just sit in a bag until I figure out what to do!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home