Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Vintage Velvet Begins.....

I have started my Vintage Velvet in Muench Touch Me, Toast colour, and it is HEAVENLY*
I am up to 2 balls so far and my gauge has changed a little from one ball to the next. There are a few loose stitches but I am hoping they will come out in the 'felting' wash.
While I can see that spending this much on a yarn can be off putting I HIGHLY reccommend that you save up. There REALLY is no substitute for this sexy loungey feel.
It is long enough to go round my neck now and feels FABULOUS so if you are mmmmming and aaaaaahhing about whether or not to use 'Touch Me' make sure you say YES and go for it*
It is a knitting experience like no other.... Please excuse the odd colour and bad quality of these photos, camera phone. I can't believe the long shot looks Blue instead of a yum Mushroom Brown.... I have posted the photos on my other blog KittyBaroque on the entry 20th March 2005 instead of here as I can't seem to get the pics to upload*
Enjoy....

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger LisaB said…

    I completely agree. I just saw this scarf made up in my LYS, and it was absolutely divine! After touching it, I will definately be saving my pennies for this one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home