Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Both Backyard Leaves finished!

I've finished my second Backyard Leaves scarf, and I'm very happy with how this one turned out, too. I still needed to glance at the chart once in a while, but I found that after making a total of 60 repeats between the two scarves, I could almost knit without it. Here's a picture of the two scarves, side by side:


The first one is antique rose, and the second one is raspberry. I think these scarves look great in non-green!

What's next? I really, really love the way Lady Eleanor looks knit up in Noro. Amelie's and verlit's are particularly gorgeous. The only thing is that I have no use for a shawl... Has anyone modified the Lady Eleanor pattern for a scarf, let's say no wider than 10 inches?

grumperina
my blog
my knitting webpage

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Dear Jesus,

    Why did you make Backyard Leaves so beautiful? Mine eyes are all achy now.

    Love,
    Brian

     

Post a Comment

<< Home