Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

My excuses (ahem, REASONS) for non-progress

I haven't posted in a long time. For several REASONS (ahem, excuses).

1) I had to send the digital camera back to my brother. It's not fun to blog with no pictures to support your progress. (Kind of like the whole...if a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to see it...does it make any noise? So, if I say I finish a project and no one can see it, is it really done?)

2) I have adult ADD. Seriously. Well, ok, not really. But, my knitting personality sure does! I love picking out new yarn, the new pattern, casting on, and knitting enough so that I can see the pattern...then the rush is gone.

3) I had to finish my felted clogs for my felted clogs CLASS.

4) School.

5) Fine. I'm just lazy, ok??

So...fellow scarfstyle babes...I'm looking for some words of encouragement to go ahead and finish my backyard leaves scarf. I've finished the first half and about 4 repeats on the second half (there's 11 repeats). You'd think that being about 75% finished would make me just push through the pain. Stories of how good it felt to finish your projects, how bad it feels to NOT finish a project, or how you motivated yourself to 'push through' to the end will be greatly appreciated!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    I haven't worked on my Backyard Leaves for a few weeks because I had other projects that needed to get finished. But I just picked it up last night and knocked off one more repeat (10 done on the first half).
    You will be so happy and proud to wear that gorgoeous scarf and have people grabbing it and fawning over you saying, "Omigod, you made this yourself!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home