Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, March 04, 2005

Share your creations with (more of) the world!

Amazon.com is now offering folks the ability to post pictures associated with books. To post your Scarf Style pictures, visit the Scarf Style page. Click on "Share your own customer images" under the book's picture.

*

I've finally started another scarf from the book, this time the ubiquitous Ruffles. I'm tempted to call it "Downward Spiral," as that's how it makes me feel (sort of). Its light lilac shade (I'm using Rowan Calmer) doesn't really lend itself well to that name, however. It's a little disheartening to work on something that takes so much time, as I'm a faaaast knitter. It's the knitting backwards that's killin' me. But, of course, flipping and purling those little rows would drive me a bit nutty, too. The pattern is genius; I think I just don't have the patience for it! (It would certainly help if I had the proper needles; everything's either too sticky or too slippery.) I shall press on, however, as I love the yarn and watching the spirals grow.


My progress after one evening; I'm now up to about 8 inches of Ruffle.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Bevin said…

    Dear Tipper:

    I felt the exact same way about my ruffles. It took a long time, as you can read in my below posts. But the fluffy goodness of something chunky and springy around your neck is unmatched by any other scarf I've experienced. I found that my last week I completely pressed on and only worked on it in order to get it OffTN*.

    Bevin
    Jersey City, NJ

    *Off The Needles

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    I'm about two-thirds of the way through my Ruffles using Noro Silk Garden - the yarn isn't as soft around the neck as I'd like, but the color changes are soooo nice. I've heard that a bath in Eucalan will soften Noro yarns, so will try it when the scarf is finished.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home