Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Noro Kureyon Twice

Yet another Lady Eleanor stole in Noro in progress - still some way to go :-)

Also I didn´t manage to resist temptation any longer and made my first Ruffles - rather short since I wanted to use only 1 ball of Noro but I like the result anyway. I combined it with another red wool and knitted one side in Noro and one in the other yarn as suggested in the book. It looks interesting, sooner or later I will try to do the same using dark purple wool in combination with this Noro shade.


Labels:

13 Comments:

  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    This is gorgeous...I love the colour!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger grumperina said…

    I have to say that the two Lady Eleanors I've seen on this site knit in Noro have been my favorites by far. I think the slow way in which Noro changes color works beautifully for this project. Excellent choice of yarn and beautiful work - congratulations!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Lesley said…

    I completely agree with Grumperina. I am so enamored with your Eleanors! You've definitely inspired me to tackle this project.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Ruth said…

    O.k., you've convinced me. I have some pastel yellow Cotton Fleece set aside for Ruffles, but that Noro/solid combo is to die for. I'm going to have to make this scarf more than once. The Eleanor is gorgeous, too ... great work!

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    They are both so beautiful - going to grap some Noro myself right now. Oh no, I have 8 WIPs, can't do that :-(

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Cristina said…

    looks fabulous! i'm working up mine right now in the 134 colorway and i cant wait until its done!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger verlit said…

    The one on the photo is 134 shade, too :-)) How big are your rectangles? Mine are 8 stitches wide and I am working on number 8 needles (continental). I am only sorry it knits quite fast since I just love working on it.
    I am thinking of using a different fringe, although I haven´t decided what kind yet.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    Holy Crap! That's so beautiful! How many balls of Noro does this project take?

     
  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger verlit said…

    It depends how long you want it :-) I will use about 12 balls, I guess (including the fringe).

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I *love* your scarf! :D

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger Bevin said…

    Noro seems like the perfect yarn for this project. Hands down.

    Bevin
    http://totallyknitting.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Such a creative idea, combining the variegated yarn with a solid color - good work. And the Lady Eleanor is one of the nicest uses of Noro that I've seen yet.

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger scarlet said…

    Both projects are gorgeous and totally inspiring. I've never knit with Noro before but you can bet that I will be some time very soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home