Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

hi! (intro)

Hey, glad to have found this KAL! What a lot of Ruffles there are! ;)
I'm working on Midwest Moonlight, which I'm knitting with Rowan Wool Cotton in a discontinued color, "tulip". It's my first attempt at anything even close to lacework, and I'm finding it much easier than I expected. It's such a beautiful pattern, I love how it's coming out!

9 Comments:

  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Gorgeous!!!

     
  • At 6:52 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    It look absolutely fantastic, I love the color, too!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger amy said…

    Oooo, you're doing such a nice, even job. That grape color shows off the texture really well.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Wow that is really pretty! I have this on my list of scarves to make. Now I want to move it up the list!

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Tipper said…

    Fabulous stitch definition! It makes me like the scarf even more.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Anne-Caroline said…

    Oooh, how pretty! You're version looks even better than the one in the book!

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger Jess said…

    Wow, looks fab. What an even knitter... and you have put me to shame as I started mine and found it too difficult. But maybe it is the yarn I chose, because it looks lovely in your choice.

    Jess

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger CynCyn said…

    I'm gonna have lots of scarves by the end of this KAL. My vow is that everything I start from now on, for at least a few months, will be for ME. (I'm knitting 3 scarves now, finished 3...all for friends). Your beautiful rendering of Midwest Moonlight is inspiring me to find some yarn for that one!!!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger katya said…

    Thank you so much for this gorgeous, clear photograph. It helped me realize that I was doing something horribly wrong with mine. I've had help and all is well now. Yours is still much prettier, though. What method did you use to cast on? Your scarf has such a nice clean edge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home