Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Searching the knit-along site

Annie Modesitt e-mailed me this morning to let me know that she loves the knit-along and how satisfying it is for designers to see people knitting up their designs. She reminded me of one thing I don't like about Blogger: the inability to categorize posts. Wouldn't it be handy to click a link and see everything about Backyard Leaves on one page?

Unfortunately, I can't manipulate this blog to do that, but I can tell you all about the search bar at the top of the page. I've never tried it until tonight, after I got another search up and running. Sure enough, it turns out that the search box in the top left will search this site only. Want to see all the Ruffles? Or see who used Cascade 220? Plug it in and let the wonder of technology do the work for you.

(As for my own Scarf Style knitting, it's nonexistent right now, although I'm trying to convince myself - or not convince myself - that I deserve Vintage Velvet knit in Touch Me.)

1 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Hi, Thanks for the tip. I'm convinced I saw someone wearing a red ruffles scarf when I was in the airport over the holidays. I almost ran up and asked the wearer if she was in the knit along, but I was in a hurry. I have the yarn for the backyard leaves scarf which seems to be the most popular next to ruffles, but the chart is frightening me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home