Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, January 17, 2005

118 Ruffle Goodness

Well Ruffles, Ruffles and more Ruffles is done. The final measurement is around 118inches of ruffled goodness. It has been done for awhile, but I was trying to wait for
some real light to get an accurate colour photo.

I was really happy at how the colours turned out with the stripes. I was worriedthe hole time that I would run out of yarn, but at 118 inches I don't thinkI need that extra skein. My husband has decided that it really feels and lookslike a sea cucumber. He keeps grabbing the ends and squeezing. He claim it always makes him hungry. On the flip side a lot of people have commented with the colours it looks like intestines. Either way I as so happy with the way it has turnedout. My first completed project with my knit buddy, MeowGirl.

I have just started on the vintage velvet scarf from the book. Though I have
run into a lot of problems with the yarn I chose and the gauge being to big.
I will post more when I am happy with the scarf.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home