Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The Re-Birth of Ruffles

I restarted Ruflles with a different yarn and am much more happy with it than I was when I was using Interlacements Toasty Toes.



I HIGHLY recommend Lion Brand Microspun for this project!

I am still trying to figure out what to do as far as Color on Color goes. I joined the yahoo group (Color on Colour) and have picked up some good info from there. A lot (most?) people knitting it with the specified yarn are totally unable to get the gauge as specified in the pattern. Plus it's difficult to find the Paternayan Persian yarn not cut into 30 inch lengths, although some people have reported finding it in uncut 8 yard skeins.

I had one skein lying around from an old project and did some experimenting. On size 5 needles (as the pattern calls for), I came nowhere close to gauge. I got 24 stitches to the inch instead of 17. And at that gauge each 30 inch strand allowed me to create between 40 and 45 stitches. That translates into WAY MORE ends than I want to weave in!! So I'm still contemplating what I want to do.

Anne in Colorado
whitestarsams.blogspot.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Anne said…

    Hmmm.... I dont' know. I don't pull the wrap up over the needle when I knit thru it... seems like a wasted step, I just knit thru the wrap and the stitch.. let me go see what the formation would be if I were to pull it up onto the needle.....

    Okay, if I were to actually pull the wrap up onto the needle before doing it, I would actually be making a ssk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home