Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, November 26, 2004

More Color

So I went to my local emobroidery shop to purchase the Paternayan Yarn for the Color on Color, only to find to my dismay that they cut the threads into 8 one yard pieces instead of leaving them whole! Well this wouldn't have very practical and when I mentioned that I could get it online instead the woman in the store told me this is how it always comes. Has anyone else discovered this? Well this was a tiny little independent shop and she suggested an Anchor brand embroidery yarn instead that comes in just as many colors and is actually a little nicer to the touch than the Paternayan. Plus no fiddling with 2 of 3 strands... what I'll do when the pattern asks for more or less strands... well we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Well she got her big Paternayan color chart and helped me match up all the colors to the other yarn... I ended up buying just the first third of it. If anyone wants to know what order to buy the yarn in, let me know. I've got it all written out. Obviosuly you won't need every color right away. As for the colors, so far some of them don't seem as vibrant as the picture but they're still very nice. I did start knitting and made it up to section 5. It is a lot of fun to be working with so many different patterns and colors. It's going to make for a very interesting project...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Tipper said…

    What I've seen of this yarn in person and online, it's either in those little pieces or in very large (and expensive) hanks. I guess that's part of the "fun" of the project! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home