Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Here and There Cables

I had no idea that the Ruffles scarf was so popular until I started reading blogs again! It is cute & I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's progress.

The scarf that I had to do first was the Here and There Cables. I started it a few days ago and it's going pretty well. It's my first time using a cable needle and it's not that difficult. It's awkward more than anything.

Here's a shot of my scarf :
0

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger amber said…

    The cables look great! This is the 2nd on my "have to make" list from this book. I'm one of those ruffle people :-)

    -Amber

     
  • At 4:31 PM, Blogger melanie said…

    I'm about to start this scarf as well. I did a little trial run, casting on 50 stitches, and after 15 rows, started to wonder if I got something wrong. The cables just didn't look right. I think it may have had to do with having fewer stitches, but I thought I'd ask you if you ran into anything weird with yours. Also (dumb question time), when you slip the first 6 stitches onto the cable and then slip the "last stitch" from the cable needle back to the left needle to purl it, is it the last stitch that you slipped onto the cable needle or the first? I'm guessing last, but I just want to make sure. Thanks!!

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Criosa said…

    ooh! I like that! What book is the pattern from? I think I need to hunt down it down and have a look!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home