Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Hello from Abbey

Hi everyone! I am starting the Ruffles scarf, and I want to do the vintage velvet scarf too....and then there's that crochet/beaded scarf..... I love this book.

I work at a yarn shop, and we got the Classic Elite Premier yarn in, so I decided to make the scarf for display in the shop. I love how this yarn feels.
It took me a little while to get the pattern down. Is anyone else seeing that the 'spine' of the scarf is knit pretty loosly? I'm using size 6 needles, but I wonder if I should go down to 5's.

and Molly...I don't know if you can substitute yarn on the Vintage Velvet scarf. You'd have to find another chenille with wool in it,(touch me has 28% wool) since the scarf is lightly felted to give that vintage look.

Abbey
http://knitche.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

  • At 12:45 PM, Blogger Jaimi said…

    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. It's hidden in the middle of the spiral, so I'm not too worried about it :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home