Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Interlocking Balloons is now... over.




Hey, I didn't promise that it would be exciting, did I?

It looks pretty much like the one in the book, though maybe a little shorter. Not that it matters, as necessity is the mother of invention, and I remembered that I know a very short dude: my dad. I went down to a #5 needle because on #6s things were hanging a little loose (not in the good way). I used two balls of Brown Sheep Naturespun Sport, which means my scarf cost about an eighth of what the one in the book does. Yay for being cheap!

The boyfriend does deserve a scarf, though. (This was intended for him, but since he's 6'4", a 5-foot scarf isn't gonna do.) He expressed interest in the Mission Falls wool stripey thing that Mr. "Yes, the tuft of hair IS on the right lip... really!" is modeling. Ack - just what I need. More yarn I need to buy.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home