Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Interlocking balloons



I used about 4 or 5 balls of: Zara 100% merino extra fine in a beautiful dark gray/black that unfortunately does not photograph well. This was made as a gift for my husband who is an artist-blacksmith, so using a dark color was important.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger gray la gran said…

    that is such a nice pattern! oh! too many projects and not enough time ...

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Blogger Rose Red said…

    I have just started this for my husby also using Zara - I thought 3 balls would be enough - should I buy another couple? Your advice would be welcomed! And it looks great - a good pattern to knit, and good for a man!
    Thanks.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I always like to have a few extra for each project. I think I used about 5. But I don't think I did a gauge swatch, so my pattern may have been off.

    My thought would be to do a gauge swatch (I do them all the time now and it is very helpful), figure out how many balls you will need and then buy one more....the "just in case" ball of yarn.

    My husband LOVES it and I wish I had gotten him to model it. Have fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home