Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, December 12, 2005

Here is Ene, off the needles



I haven't blocked it yet. This took me about a month to do. I cast on in the middle of November, I think and I was also working on my KR gift elf present and Samus.

I used Jaeger Matchmaker 4 ply merino. I ended up using 3.5 balls. I am not sure how big it turned out...I plan to measure then block and remeasure and will let you all know the end results. This was my first lace project and while I had a few false starts, I enjoyed and recommend it to anyone up to their first lace challenge.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Hi! I'm from New Mexico, a couple hours away from Tierra Wools. From what I understand, they're yarns are MOSTLY for weaving, and are rougher than most hand knitting yarns. I don't know anything about the Apparel or Organic yarns. I be you could e-mail and order a sample card. If that doesn't work, let me know and I can take a drive up there and either report back or buy a skein and ship to you- let me know what you think!

    Gorgeous Ene, by the way!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Meant to add- their yarns are supposed to be spectacular- very much the organic gorgeous coloring you described...

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger grumperina said…

    It's beautiful! How do you like the way the shawl came out using fingering-weight yarn? I bet it's very warm.

     
  • At 5:42 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    I like the weight of it very much. From what I had read, the yarn used in the original is more like fingering than lace weight. I saw someone on KR had made one in knitpicks lace weight and it turned out a little small.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Blogger Alison said…

    Lovely color!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home