Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

completed Shadow Dance

I am now officially addicted to brioche rib... This capelet performs double duty: I can wear it indoors if it's a little chilly, but it also stretches easily so I can wear it over a jacket. Perfect!

Edited to answer questions from the comments:
I used 6 balls of Knit Picks' Andean Silk. They were originally cream-colored, but I dyed them red and brown. I started off with Kool-Aid dyes and got super bright colors. I eventually toned them down using Procion dyes, on loan from my friend Marie. Brioche rib is a little tricky at first, but the book has great schematic diagrams. The spectacular increases are super easy to do.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    I love it!
    Good job.
    It looks beautiful on you. The colors and the pattern really work for you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home