Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, November 25, 2005

Fair Isle Jazz beginnings

Last week I started my Fair Isle Jazz scarf, using this palette of Elann's Peruvian Collection Highland Wool. Since this yarn is a little smaller than Mission Falls wool, I'm using a size 6 needle. After seeing this scarf on display at a trunk show, I knew there was no way I'd use the recommended yarn; the thing was about 14 inches wide. This scarf is a much more reasonable width, but my row gage appears to be very close to the original, so I'm not losing any length in the fair isle and stripe sections.

I purchased five balls of the main color, and plan on knitting the cabled section until I'm down to one ball. I like my scarves long!

This is very satisfying to knit, and I don't even mind all of the ends to weave in. After the ends of the Campus Scarf, I can handle anything!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Chef Messy said…

    Nice job! I really like the colors you're using! Very smart to use a smaller yarn. My fair-isle jazz is blocking as we speak, and it is rather wide.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home