Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Ene's scarf took forever to cast on!

Hi everyone. I just joined the Kal. I am knitting Ene's scarf and the 375 stitches took forever to cast on! I am enjoying it, though it is slow going. Pictures soon...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Hi Celia,
    I am knitting Ene's scarf too...you can see some early pictures just a few posts down.

    I know what you mean about the cast on taking forever! And if you got it cast on in just one try, I am in awe! This is actually my second attempt at ene. I tried a few months ago. I got through the firts chart but my count was off somehow and it looked horrible. I frogged it at put it aside. I cast on again recently and messed up the first row and frogged an re cast on. Now I am am half way through the third chart. It starts to go quicker after you get through the first chart. Just keep those stitch markers handy! Can't wait to see pics

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger celia said…

    I placed markers everywhere when I cast on. I was still one off at the end but that's ok - I just made it up and it's looking ok so far. No way was I going to go back and cast on another stitch since I discovered the missing stitch after knitting Row 1.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home