Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Ruffles Adventuring


Hi all! I'm really excited to find a KAL for my Yuletide knitting. I've already knit one Ruffles and am starting on my second, but I was wondering what others may have found in their expereince regarding appropriate yarn. The first I did was in a DK wool and it turned out lovely, with smooth sexy spirals. Then I tried to make a second in some acrylic fuzzy stuff(Patons Davina) and it seemed really flat and not curly enough...so I started over in a beautiful cotton/viscose/polyester twisty, eye-lashy Italian yarn (Kertzer Beaux) but it seems that there are too many slubs etc. detracting from the simplicity of the pattern. What have others thought. Should I go back to the wool and just play with colour or do any novelty yarns perform well and not detract from Ruffles?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am just going super simple for this scarf ... using Blue Sky Organic Cotton in Bone. I thought that the ruffle detail should be the highlight. : )

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    buy health insurance, car insurance quotes rolex fake 09.05.12

     

Post a Comment

<< Home