Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, November 18, 2005

Backyard Leaves Advice?

Hello all! I'm in the middle of a move, and so taking photos is out of the question, but I'm about 2/3 of the way through Twisty Turns. The yarn (Classic Elite Lush) is just that--luscious--but the project is pretty mindless/endless! I am looking forward to doing Backyard Leaves next for my aunt for Christmas, and ordered some Knitpicks Andean Silk for the project. I'd love advice from you Backyard Leaves veterans!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger knitbysue said…

    My advice is first to read the directions entirely. Secondly, note that the set up row is a wrong side row. Thirdly, look at the archives in this knit-along for entries and their comments containing questions about this pattern. Namely, the following:
    Nov 26, 2004 (Another Backyard Leaves)
    Jan 27, 2005 (Checking in with Backyard Leaves)
    Jan 31, 2005 (Finishing First Half of Backyard Leaves)
    Feb 16, 2005 (New to KnitALongs)
    Besides those entries don't forget to read the comments - there are a lot of tips and answers in the comments.
    My last tip: use a solid yarn to show off the leaves (I used varigated and regretted it)

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Sue's advice is all good. I would add to block the scarf carefully before seaming it. I posted a photo of a blocked half vs. an unblocked half at the end of October. I also did 10 pattern repeats instead of 11 on each half and thought that the length (72") was still ample. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home