Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Errata for Shadow Dance wrap

Am I really the first one to make a wrap from Wrap Style?! Perhaps we are all waiting for someone to post first... So here I go.
I started the brioche capelet (Shadow Dance), by the queen of brioche, Nancy Marchant. The pattern instructs you to use a provisional cast-on, then goes on to explain how the make the rest of the capelet, ending with a fancy cast-off technique using both colors. But we are never told what to do with that provisional cast-on! I was very confused: perhaps I was supposed to pick up those stitches and do the special bind-off? I emailed Interweave, and they replied within 24 hours! Here is what they said:

Hi Veronique,
I apologize for the omission in the pattern. This is a common method for casting on a brioche garment. In the end, you will "undo" or pull out that provisional cast-on. it will pull out nicely, leaving a clean edge on the garment. The brioche will not unravel, it is quite safe to pull out the cast-on. Then, you are done! Does this answer your question?
Thank you,
Lisa Shroyer
Assistant Editor
Interweave Knits

I was very surprised: how could a provisional cast-on NOT unravel?! But it worked. (Phew). Unfortunately, I did not like my color combo, so I frogged my work before taking a photo. I will post photos soon to lure you into the Wrap World...
Veronique

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home