Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Monday, November 14, 2005

FO - Interlocking Balloons

Finished on 11/11, blocked and ready to wear. And just in time for the cold weather this week!

Here it is:

Done in Gems Merino (sportweight). I did the exact number of repeats from the pattern (9 full and then one without the 2 cables at the end). Used 2+ skeins of the yarn, which is a lot more yardage but since it was a different yarn, and I am guessing thinner, then that makes sense. It blocked out 9" wide and ? long. I do know that it is longer than the finished dimensions in the book.

It was a fun knit. I was thinking about making another in grey for my dad, but then decided I wanted to do something similar but different. Not from the book, but nice:
Steam Scarf

I ordered some yarn from KnitPicks.com to make myself a cranberry colored Backyard leaves. So I will be starting that, after doing the one for my dad.

Peace!
Susan (ZenKnit)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger grumperina said…

    The scarf came out gorgeous! I hope you enjoyed knitting it - Gems Merino is one of my favorite yarns!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Beautiful job on the "Interlocking Balloons" -- and thank you so much for the link to the "Steam" scarf!

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger CamillaS said…

    A really beautiful scarf! I would really like to see my fiancée in one... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home