Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

It's a What?


it's a Turtleneck Shrug!

Hello fellow ScarfStylers! My name is Tami and I've already completed a few scarves from my new favorite knitting pattern book. My latest is Teva's Turtleneck Shrug. I used Knit Picks Merino, color Hollyberry. I'm still working up the courage to wear it in public. I'm hoping we will all knit one and they will become the next big trend. I have pictures of my Ruffle scarf and Lady Eleanor on my blog if you want to see. I've gotten so much inspiration from this blog!

Tami
www.blueroseknits.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Heide said…

    That looks great, I agree you should be brave and wear it in public. But be prepared to get some comments like the ones I get every time I wear a shrug to work, like "Oh, that's so sad -- you couldn't afford the whole sweater!" Followed by much laughter and people suggesting that maybe someone should start up an office collection to help buy the rest of the sweater, etc. Also these people will probably think they're so funny that they'll make the same joke every single time you wear it -- unless, of course, you don't work with total ballbusters like I do! :)

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so funny Heide! That's exactly what I would have gotten at my old job. I have to admit I'm a little gun-shy after having a total stranger laugh at me at the mall when I was wearing my ruffle scarf. Some people just don't know what's cool!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Bevin said…

    The great thing about that pattern is that it doubles as a scarf, so if you get embarassed about wearing sleeves, you can always do a quick change. Like clark kent into superman or what have you.

    Bevin
    Jersey City, NJ
    Totally Knitting

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger scarlet said…

    heide, it's funny you should mention your "shrug comments." I was wearing my version of knitty.com's Shimmer pattern, and everyone at work asked me when I was going to finish the sweater. Ha ha.

    Tami, your shrug looks great! When people ask, you just have to tell them you are a trendsetter!

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger PutYourFlareOn said…

    Looks great! I'm working on the same but in Rowan kid classic in bordeaux.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home