Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Glad to join


Hi, my name is Margaret. I am glad to join this KAL and I plan to make at least 2 projects from "Scarf Style".
My first is the Zig Zag scarf - a Christmas gift for my teenage niece, done in her favourite colours. This scarf knits up very fast, so I already finished it, but it needs to be washed and photographed. Today, I attach work-in progress photos.
Sorry, the colours did not come out that great. In real life they are much more deep/rich and saturated, eg. Admiral (navy) is more blue than in the picture, and Raisin has more plummy-red in it.

Yarn used: Bernat Satin - makes for a nice, somewhat weighty scarf, which won't come easily undone in the wind if you just wrap it loosely around your neck.
I also made a matching hat. Photos to follow in the next few days.

Next project: Balloon scarf.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I love yours colors! Very pretty. Is the bottom of the chevron scarf pattern naturally zig-zagged? I like that much more than the book's suggested pompoms.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger ashlee said…

    Yes, it is naturally zig-zagged at the ends. The only thing is, one end will have different number of peaks than the other (difference of 1) - naturally. Unless you choose to work 2 halves separately and then 'kitchener-stitch' them together.

    Margaret

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Thanks for explaining why one end comes out with more peaks than the other.

    And I agree that the natural zig-zag bottom looks much better than the pompoms (I think I'll remove mine!).

    Beautiful, beautiful piece. Congrats!

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger AJ said…

    Margaret, your scarf is beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home