Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

New....Vintage Velvet

I'm new to the knit along. I'm making the Vintage Velvet in Alpaca Silk by Debbie Bliss. I wasn't sure if this would work or not, because as I was working with it, it was so soft that it was almost too hard to work with. But I saw that someone else has used it also for the same scarf. I am going to get another ball of it, because I only got 4. I thought that would be enough, but the other person used 5, so I will go by what they used. I started out using circular size 9's, but I think I might start over and go to straight needles. I think I like that look better. But I haven't really decided yet, because I would have to go out and by the needles, I don't have 9's in straights. And I don't get my needles at the same place I got the yarn. So I might just stick with the circulars. As soon as I get some progress done on it, I will get a picture up. :)

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger KarenK said…

    Hi Jenn -- I'm using the same yarn for that scarf also, but I'm using size 10 needles (circulars). I don't see why using straights versus circulars would make any difference?? But who knows. My color is the cream-of-tomato-soup pinkish red, and it looks and feels luscious.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger . said…

    Hey, I was going to get that color!! I still might..later on after I finish this and some other things. I love that color! Its beautiful! I tried circulars for the first time on something else, and I just fell in love with them. So when I saw use straight needles, I was like eh, I'll use circulars. I don't see how there would be any difference either :)
    Goodluck with yours :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home