Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, March 31, 2005

A New Candidate for Lady Eleanor's Shawl?

Dear Scarf Stylin' Shimmery Shim Shim Shimmies:

I started Dead Leaves in the Backyard on my flight out to visit my mom in California. I'm using Peruvian Tweed in Color #113 (you can't see in any picture online but there's a lot of dark brown and light blue in it and it is soooooooft). Since it was a 5.5 hour adventure I thought that sitting still for so long with a tray in front of me was the perfect time to take a crack at this hard pattern. I had to frog four times, but I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. I am on row 11 and do not yet see a pattern but hope to eventually. Perhaps I'll make some major headway on the way back? I've printed 22 copies of the chart so that I can highlight my way through each row.

This trip for me has been all about relaxing and to relax I knit and shop for yarn. It's true, I have been to every LYS* I have possibly been able to visit, with more coming.

Since I've been missing my own personal favorite LYS I cruised to their website. Upon thinking about it, I have decided that Colinette yarns might make a fabulous Lady Eleanor Shawl of Wonders. Since each skein is hand painted and the colorways are so unique and marvelous I thought that maybe they would shift and turn marvelously, similar to how we've seen Noro yarns knit up in this pattern.

Take a look at some of the colorways. Graffiti seems like it would be really cool, as does Shimmer Five.

Now, since I have spent my yarn budget for the next few months out here in California, I cannot rush out and test this theory until perhaps November. So I implore anyone thinking about this pattern who wants to drop $100 on five skeins of yarn to knit it up and show me what you've got.

It's a thought.

Bevin
Jersey City, NJ (Currently Castro Valley, CA)
Totally Knitting

*Local Yarn Shoppe

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger verlit said…

    It is an interesting idea, using Colinette. I am not sure if the gauge is right, though. If you start let us know how it looks.

     
  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Cristina said…

    you gotta check out imagiknit if you haven't alredy....its around the corner from my house and wooooonderful!!
    16th street and Sanchez (castro district) in san francisco.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home