Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Lady Eleanor progress


Here is a progress report on my Lady Eleanor. I'm using three different colors of yarn from Handpainted Yarn. They are actually the same color, but different shades. This yarn is SO soft! I highly recommend it. It's turning out a little too wide to be a stole so I think it will be a throw blanket for my couch. This is my first attempt at entrelac and it couldn't be simpler. The directions in the pattern are very easy to follow. I'll be back with a picture when she's finished!

Tami
blueroseknits

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger cmeknit said…

    i love this yarn too...how many hanks are you using?

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's hard to say because this yarn has been recycled a few times! I'm guessing I've used 4 hanks (800 yds +). It's 40 inches long now and 17 inches wide. Hope that helps!

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fearless- you make me blush!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, it is the pure merino. I highly recommend them, you won't find a better yarn at a better price! The colors I used were Pearl and Middle Earth. The colors you get arn't always the exact shade on the website so keep that in mind. The kettle dying process they use yields different shades in the same dyelot. Don't let that keep you from ordering, the yarn is wonderful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home