Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 31, 2004

Here and There Cables

Here's what I've been able to complete over the holidays. It's been my traveling, "mindless" project to work on while visiting and watching movies. It's an incredibly easy scarf once you get through the cable row once to try it out. I need a new scarf, so this one will be mine when I'm finished. I'm using a size 6 needle and Mountain Colors Weavers Wool in Spruce-- I was able to get 3 skeins of it for $20 at a LYS in Springboro, Ohio while visiting my parents over the summer.



I really like the way it's knitting up, but I still have some pesky holes because of the nature of the "reversible" cables. I'm hoping they hide themselves a little better when I block.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger amber said…

    I am so glad to see someone working on this scarf as it's the next scarf from this book that I want to make. I was one of the many ruffle scarf knitters :-)

    And glad to hear that the pattern is easy to follow.

    -Amber

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger scarlet said…

    Bee-yoo-tee-full!! I'm sure it will look even better when you block it, but for real: it looks great now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home