Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Stripes and bobbles

I'm joining you to knit Stripes and Bobbles. I dont' think anybobody's knitted it yet but I must admit I haven't checked all the archives yet.
It is an extremely simple pattern but I've chosen it because I think it's different and a good way of starting working with colour.
I'm not using the recommended yarn because I live in France and it would be long and expensive to get it, but it's a great way of using left-overs.
I've hurt my arm by knitting too much, yes knitting can be dangerous!, and even the extremely boring k1 p1 rib pattern is a joy to knit after 3 weeks of forced deprivation!
Although I'm only allowed to knit 1h a day, I hope I can get it done for Xmas and give it to my friend in time. If not, she'll have to wait!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I like the stripes and bobbles scarf a lot also and hope to make one in future. Using leftover yarns is a great idea and picking colors should be fun What happened to your arm? Hope it heals up good as new.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Sophie (Lille) said…

    Well it started with the wrist, then moved up the forearm to finally get to the bicep. I've juste come back from the physio's and I'm down to 1/2h per day : ( Ah well, good things come to those who wait.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home