Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Thursday, December 23, 2004

One down, many more to come

I've finished Stripes and Bobbles. Although it was a very easy project, I struggled a bit with the color scheme and got worried towards the end as to whether it was not turning out into a complete failure. But now it's done and I've tried it on I'm happy. It is indeed very different and I don't think everyone could get away with it, but my friend will look great with it on.
Next: Pam Allen's capelet.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Sophie (Lille) said…

    I'll try to answer your questions as well as possible, hopefully my English won't let me down!
    Because I live in France and couldn't get the recommended yarn, I used leftovers which all had roughly the same gauge and tried to get colours that worked together. That was as far as I'm concerned the most difficult bit. As I forgot the book when I packed for my holiday, I put it together without the instructions.
    The first 3 stripes use 3 different colours in the same proportions, lengthwise. Once I had done the 1st one, I decreased the size of each stripe. The last stripe uses more colours as it is done wih the remainings of the other colours.
    At the end, I put the stripes symetrically from the longest to the shortest and was lucky that no stripe had the same colour on the nearest one(s).
    Once I had that sorted, I chose 2 yarns for the bobbles whose coulours were completely different from the stripes and sewed the stripes together mainly in the middle ie. the neck area starting with short stitches, then longer ones, then decreasing again, trying to get something that looked like a circle!
    I hope this makes sense. If not, leave a comment and I'll post a close up of the middle section to show you what I mean.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home