Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 10, 2004

The Campus Scarf: Unveiled
My wonderful boyfriend was kind enough to pose for a picture this morning.



Don't mind his pose; he has a minor obsession with posing exactly the same as the guy in the book. If he would've been able to grow a goatee just for this picture, he would have.

Verdict on the ends: sticky-outy, but not coming undone. Thank you, Mr. Duplicate Stitch! (In the interest of being entirely honest about my knitting with you people, I have to admit that it took me until I was 2/3 through weaving in ends to realize what duplicate stitch actually did. It duplicates stitches. So instead of following the picture in the book I had - The Reader's Digest Knitter's Handbook - I should have, well, duplicated stitches. It looked much nicer and was easier and more fun once I figured that out.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Lesley said…

    It looks GREAT! That's cute that he wanted to pose like the guy in the book. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home