Scarf Style/Wrap Style Knit-Along

The inspirations for this knit-along are the Scarf Style and Wrap Style books (from Interweave Press); should you wish to share your creations from the book, this is a wonderful place to do it. Also welcome are helpful tips, corrections, ideas for variations, and suggestions for materials. This knit-along will last indefinitely, so join any time!

Friday, December 21, 2007

My version of Misty Garden and Zigzag Stripes

IMG_2815_r1

Hi there,
I finally remembered to upload the pic of my version of Misty Garden. Instead of a mohair yarn, I've used Lana Grossa Mega Stoppino, which is a chunky type and multicolour. I will knit this pattern again, but next time I shall choose a lighter yarn.

Zigzag Stripes

This one, knitted with 3 skeins of Noro Cash Island, was a big success with my little sister :) I loved it too, knitting has been so much fun that I bought more Cash Island to make one for me.

Happy knitting holidays everyone :)

9 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Angelikas quilts and knits said…

    They look really pretty :-)
    Keep knitting
    Angelika

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Rooie said…

    They are both really gorgeous. I love the colors in both of them.

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger YowlYY said…

    Thank you folks! Happy 2008 to you both :)

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I really love the color of the scarf that you used. I have the book, but the pattern really didn't appeal to me until I saw yours today. Could you please tell me which color of the Noro Cashmere Island you used? Thanks for posting the picture.

     
  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger YowlYY said…

    Diana, thanks for your comment. It's the colourway #8 I used, 3 skeins @50g each in total. If you decide to knit the same let me know :)

     
  • At 1:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've spent about 3 days trying to find the color number 8 that you used in the Noro Cashmere Island yarn, but no one seems to have it :( I think that color is really the best, as it isn't dark and doesn't hide the beautiful pattern.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger YowlYY said…

    Diana, Jannette's Rare Yarns has 10 skeins in stock. I am not sure where in the world are you, but she will ship worldwide...you might want to enquire regarding shipping costs. Good luck and thanks for the comment :)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I ordered the yarn from Jannette's, who is in England, and it came today - and I live in California (USA). It didn't take long to get here and I wound it and am ready to start the scarf. Thank you SO much for your help. I truly appreciate it.

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger YowlYY said…

    Glad to be of help! (karma and such...)
    I hope you will have as much fun knitting yours as I did, and do not forget to post the picture of the finished scarf :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home